The golden years are not always as pleasant as advertised. As age increases oftentimes it brings with it aches and pains. As if aches and pains aren’t enough, there is often the loss of activities and functions that you used to enjoy. Suddenly, you can no longer go bowling, play golf or even get out to go walk around the community. At Fast Track Fitness and Physical Therapy we don’t believe that old age is a diagnosis. We don’t believe that all those aches and pains are simply things you will have to live with for the rest of your life. We certainly do not believe that you should have to give up all the activities you truly enjoy. The good news is that we regularly eliminate pains in patients that they thought they would have to live with the rest of their lives. We enjoy returning patients back to the activities that they love. While we can’t solve every problem, we certainly think that trying to improve is always going to be more successful than giving up and accepting a condition. Call us now and let us help you start enjoying life as soon as possible.
- Research: Surgery is no more effective than physical therapy and medical management for osteoarthritis of the knee. (New England Journal of Medicine, September 2008)
- Research: Current research shows that exercise has significant benefits for people with osteoarthritis. Exercise can reduce pain, improve strength and increase aerobic capacity and functional activity. (Physical Therapy Reviews, 2004)
- Research: Exercise can prevent falls in older people. Greater relative effects are seen in programs that include exercises that challenge balance, use a higher dose of exercise and do not include a walking program. (Journal of the American Geriatrics Society, 2009)
- Click here for more research on arthritis
- Click here for more research on chronic pain
- Click here for more cardiac research
- Click here for more cancer research